Threyda Artist Workshops Series Presents: Intuitive Painting From Chaos Workshop with Seth McMahon. Seth will give insight on how he approaches the canvas, from philosophy to technique. Get an inside look into Seth's process and how he uses his tools to create dynamic images. Gain an understanding of the painting techniques that allow you to create dimension within an abstract composition.
- Learn to create compositions through utilizing chaos.
- Explore the most efficient methods of painting with or without a plan.
- Get feedback and guidance from Seth on your projects
- Find what is universally beautiful and apply it to create paintings that will sell themselves
11AM-12PM - Introduction to Seth’s Work / Painting technique demonstration
12-2PM - Painting setup and starting mini painting 1 / Laying down midtones
2-3PM - Lunch Break - (Lunch not included, please plan accordingly)
3PM-6PM - Talking highlights, shadows, contrast
11AM-12PM - Philosophy of art presentation
12-2PM - Start of painting 2 - planned starting point
2-3PM - Lunch break - (Lunch not included, please plan accordingly)
3PM-6PM - Freestyle session on painting 2
- Standard value pack of flat brushes
- Standard value pack of bristle brushes
- Acyrlic paints: Burnt umber, Phthalo Blue, Dioxaine Purple, Titanium White, Carbon Black (any extra colors welcome)
- Value pack of 3 canvases (around 16x24)
- Any works in progress you would like to discuss with Seth
3435 S Yosemite St #100
Denver, CO 80231
Feel free to write us below with any questions about this workshop or give us a call at (720) 523-3683